BoDean Co. produces quality aggregate material used in concrete production for Northgate Ready Mix
BoDean Co.’s aggregate material is widely used in many different applications and thanks in part to the high quality of the materials we produce, our aggregates are able to be put to successful use by both homeowners and construction professionals alike.
BoDean Co. is proud to partner with Northgate Ready Mix to supply the aggregate material used in the production of Northgate’s concrete and concrete products.
What is Concrete?
Concrete is known as a heavy, rough building material that is made from a mixture of broken stone or gravel, sand, cement, and water, that can be spread or poured into molds and that forms a stone-like mass once it has hardened. In its simplest form, concrete is essentially a cement and water paste mixed with aggregates or rocks.
Concrete, however, is not the same thing as cement, though the two are often used interchangeably. Cement is the binding agent which comes in the form of a fine powder that is combined with water and aggregate materials to become concrete.
Concrete mix developed and sold at BoDean Co.’s Mark West Quarry comes separately or in a combination of 3/8” x #8, 1” x #4, and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) C-33 washed sand.
Benefits of Concrete
Concrete remains one of the most widely-used building materials around the world. It is known for its strength and durability, but the benefits of this material span an even longer list.
- Virtually Fire Proof. Concrete does not burn and therefore cannot catch fire like other building materials can. It also does not emit toxic fumes when impacted by fire.
- Affordability. When compared to other products that possess the same strength and durability, like steel for example, concrete is considerably less costly to produce.
- Extended Lifespan. The lifespan of concrete is usually extremely long and can often outlast other common building materials.
- Relatively low emissions. According to theCement Sustainability Initiative, “CO2 emissions from concrete and cement production are relatively small compared to other building materials. 80% of a building’s CO2 emissions are generated not by the production of the materials used in its construction, but in the electric utilities of the building over its life-cycle (e.g. lighting, heating, air-conditioning)”
- Thermal mass. According to Concrete Network, “homes built with concrete walls, foundations, and floors are highly energy efficient because they take advantage of concrete’s inherent thermal massor ability to absorb and retain heat. This means homeowners can significantly cut their heating and cooling bills and install smaller-capacity HVAC equipment.”
- Contributes to the local economy. Thanks to the partnership between BoDean Co. and Northgate Ready Mix, the ability to shop and support local business is made easy. Both located in Northern California, these two family owned businesses contribute to the local economy by employing, selling and partnering with local entities.
Uses of Concrete:
With so many benefits, it is easy to understand why concrete is found nearly everywhere you look. This extremely versatile material can be used in many applications.
- Parking lots
- Swimming pools
- Decorative applications
Northgate Ready Mix, in partnership with BoDean Co., has over 15 years of experience supplying Caltrans specification quality concrete to the North Bay, utilizing BoDean Co. concrete aggregates and sand, a 100% photovoltaic (PV) solar operated facility. Northgate’s state of the art computerized batching plant, which was built in 2010, ensures consistency and also facilitates the use of the latest admixtures. The plant has a rated capacity of 200 yd./hour.
Through our partnership, Northgate Ready Mix is able to produce a wide range of concrete products for their customers.
- Structural concrete
- Decorative concrete
- Rockwood Pigments/Davis Colors
- Full range of concrete admixtures available fully automated
- Xypex waterproofing
- Recycled concrete aggregate base available
- Trench Slurry available for pipeline contractors
- Large landscape concrete blocks available for retaining walls or building material storage
- On-site concrete testing for quality assurance
- Historical performance data base of mix design performance
- Rock and sand deliveries to job sites
As leaders and experts in their industries, the partnership between BoDean Co. and Northgate Ready Mix offers customers a unique buying experience with the same promise of excellent customer service and knowledgeable consultants.
- Commitment to customer service
- New, modern and compliant mixer trucks.
- Saturday delivery.
- State of the art computer controlled production (Caltrans MPQP Certified).
- Knowledgeable delivery drivers ready to assist you.
- A sales team that cares about its reputation and meeting customer needs.
- Open 7 days a week, by appointment
The use of concrete remains a popular choice due to the many benefits it provides and variety of applications it supports. When a unique partnership like this is formed to bring together industry experts, it is sure to help guide you to the most successful end to your project.
If you are looking to purchase concrete for your next project, the experts at Northgate Ready mix are waiting to help you determine pricing and availability. To speak to a knowledgeable consultant, contact Northgate Ready Mix today.
Northgate Ready Mix Contact:
5922 Pruitt Avenue
Windsor, CA 95492